Brock Hosts Cross Country Meet
The Brock boys and girls teams hosted their annual cross country meet on Wednesday. The girls team won 1st place overall by placing their runners 3rd through 9th. Runners from the Paradise team won the top three spots, but by winning places 3-9 the Brock girls earned the lowest score overall giving them 1st place as a team. The boys won 4th place as a team. Both teams will compete in the District Meet on Monday, October 9th, in Eastland.
Brock High School Marching Band Competes at Tolar
The Brock High School Marching Band competed in the Rattler Marching Competition, where groups compete to win best in class, at Tolar High School this past weekend. Eleven other schools competed ranging in size from class 1A-4A. The Brock Color Guard won best in class for their superior performance with the marching band. The band then won an additional overall best in class award. Congratulations to the BHS Band! Their next competition will be at Sunnyvale High School on October 7th.
BHS National Honor Society Meets to Set
The Brock National Honor Society (NHS) met recently to set their fall activity schedule and elect committe leaders. NHS is an organized community service group that focuses on character, scholarship, leadership, and service. NHS strives to better our community and the communities around us by performing various community service activities. Their community service efforts include an annual Angle Tree for local families, Adopt a Highway, multiple types of charity drives, tutoring, and their own Benevolent Fund where they raise money to assist families who have experienced hardship. They also assist with extra-curricular activities throughout the school year by helping run concession stands. NHS is run, in its entirety, by its student members, under the supervision of faculty sponsors.
This year’s officers, committe leaders, and fall events are listed below:
2017-2018 Class Officers:
President- Emilee Popeck
Vice President -Peyton Wakefield
Secretary- Brooklynn Booth
Treasurer- Gracie Cooper.
Recycling - Melanie Dehnisch
Historian - Gracie James
Social Media - Jill Stringer
Community Outreach - Lanie Hannah and Skylar Robertson
Announcements - Krissie Tighe
Tutoring - Luke Hamilton - High School, Skylar Smith – Junior High, Lauren Wakefield - Elementary.
• Shoe drive – September 7th - 29th
• Homecoming Bake Sale - September 22nd - All profits from this bake sale go toward the Brock Benevolent Fund. The Benevolent fund is used to provide aid to local families who have experienced some form of hardship.
• Grace House Charity drive – October 5th - 29th
• Fall Festival Fundraiser- Bowling - October 6th
• Blood Drive at the High School Library – October 12th
• Adopt a Highway – October 15th
• Food drive for Center of Hope – November 2nd – 29th - The Center of Hope is an organization that helps families who are in need of clothing and food.
• Sweets for Service – November 6th – NHS member will provide desserts to the Brock Fire Department.
Brock’s National Honor Society has great expectations for 2017-2018.